Victoria Bed and Breakfast at the Historic Gingerbread Cottage B&B
The Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast is located in Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour area of James Bay. The home is on the heritage list at the City of Victoria. It was built by a carpenter to live in himself. His sister occupied the other half.
The house is one of Victoria’s first side by side duplex designs.
The style of the Victorian Arts and Crafts home is called a ‘shotgun duplex’. This is because originally you could shoot a shotgun in the front door and right through the back door. Nice feature!
Some Photos from around our downtown Victoria Bed and Breakfast
Location, Location, Location
- Right downtown near (Seattle to Victoria) Clipper passenger ferry docks.
- Short walk to Coho Ferry (Blackball) from Port Angeles, Washington (Hint: leave your car in reasonable priced covered parking at Port Angeles and Walk on the Coho)
- Steps Away from the beautiful Pacific Ocean and the popular Dallas Rd Seawall Promenade, Victoria’s famous Breakwater Structure and Cruise Ship Docks at Ogden Point
- Short walk to Beacon Hill Park and Petting Zoo, Royal BC Museum and Imax Theatre, Emily Carr House, Robert Bateman Gallery (NEW formerly wax museum), Empress Hotel High Tea, British Columbia Parliament Buildings, Busking and Crafts on Lower Causeway and Victoria’s own quaint Fisherman’s Wharf
- YYJ Airport Shuttle will bring you direct to our c.1905 Heritage B&B (check their website for current rates)
- Short 4-5 minute walk from Victoria Helijet airport with regular flights to/from Vancouver (check their website for current rates)
- Kenmore Air Seaplane Service with 45 minute flights from Seattle is located close by in Inner Harbour and a short cab to the Gingerbread Cottage (check their website for current rates)
- Harbour Air Seaplane Service to/from Vancouver, Nanaimo, Whistler, Salt Spring and Gulf Islands is located close by in Inner Harbour and a short cab to the Gingerbread Cottage (check their website for current rates)
- 10-15 minute walk or short cab to Victoria Bus depot with Bus Service to/from BC Ferries Pacific Coach Lines or all points with Greyhound
Gourmet Chef Food, Themed and Quiet “Well Zoned Rooms” with Private Entrances and Baths
Affordably Priced at $130 – $160 per night for one or two people – Minimum 2 night bookings
Price varies according to Length of Stay, Holiday Weekends and Availability
Book your stay today in Downtown Victoria’s Beautiful and Scenic Inner Harbour
Victoria Bed and Breakfast Video
German/Deutsch and English spoken! We hope to hear from you!
Vanessa von Schellwitz is a fantastic chef and baker Check out our Great Breakfasts… You will love the cooked to order breakfasts. All Diets Accommodated.