Victoria’s Ogden Point is Canada’s busiest Alaskan Cruise Ship port of call.
Our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast is located just steps away from the Dallas Road Seawall, Victoria Breakwater Promenade and Cruise Ships Ogden Point. Ogden Point is “Alaskan cruise ship central” for Canada! We think it the most fun spot in downtown Victoria.
According to the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority “Ogden Point has four deep-sea berths. All of them have excellent approaches, depths, decks and mooring. Pier A offers two berths, 1,000 feet and 800 feet, with a 100,000 square foot warehouse. Two berths at Pier B have been extended to 1,040 feet with the installation of a mooring dolphin.”
“Services available for passengers at dockside include gift shops, foreign currency exchange and pay telephones. Tour and shuttle buses, taxis and other forms of transportation are readily available for passenger excursions to the city centre and major tour attractions. More information on the extensive and varied selection of shore excursions can be found at Tourism Victoria.”
Cruise Ships Ogden Point in Victoria BC Canada
Check out our Video showing some of the Cruise Ships Ogden Point
There is always a lot of action around Ogden Point when a Cruise Ship arrives. Each Vessel carries lots of tourists either heading to Alaska or coming back from Alaska. These friendly folks spend a few hours in Victoria while the ship takes on supplies. The downtown benefits from their tourist dollars and the action in the downtown areas is quite welcome.
The cruise ships leave before midnight and head on to their next port of call. Many times there are three or four Cruise Ships Ogden Point.
Victoria welcomes these guests well!
Since Ogden Point is only a three-minute walk from the Gingerbread Cottage we welcome travellers who wish to include seeing these marvels of the sea on their visit to Victoria BC to book in with us and enjoy some of Vanessa’s genuine hospitality.
Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast Hostess
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457
Email: [email protected]