Victoria Gardens, Edible Flower Jellies Herb Mixtures
Victoria Gardens – Victoria BC Canada is known worldwide as the “City of Gardens”
Welcome to the City of Gardens and the Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast in Downtown Victoria BC.
Not only do we have gorgeous flowers and herbs to look at in our garden, but we also make tasty confections and preserves out of them and you can taste them!
Our Video about Flower Jellies and Lavender Herb Mixtures
Lavender and Rose Petal Jams and Jellies
And we make Jams and Jellies out of them! We make Victorian Rose Petal Jams and Jellies, Lavender Jelly and Rosemary Jelly out of our own garden Blooms.
We even use our organic Herbs and Flowers on our Food, they go great on Salads and many other breakfast dishes that we serve.
Edible Flowers for Salads
Buy our printable ” Victorian Gifts” PDF Cookbook $9.95
Your Hostess and Private Chef
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457
Email: [email protected]