Crepe Recipe by Vanessa von Schellwitz
Sweet Cheese Baked Crepes
Crepe Recipe for Crepe Batter
– whisk together one egg, 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, dash vanilla, grated rind of 1/2 lemon – set aside for 10 – 15 minutes – heat crepe pan – when hot brush with oil – pour in one small ladle of crepe batter – tilt pan to cover bottom evenly – flip when doesn’t stick to pan. Crepes only take seconds to cook!
Baked Crepe Recipe for Quark Cheese Filling
in food processor cream together 1/2 cup melted butter with one egg yolk and one complete Farm Fresh egg, 2 T sugar, add 2 cups of Quark or Full Fat Cottage Cheese, 1 t vanilla, zest of 1 lemon, 1T corn starch, blend well and stir in 1/4 cup rum soaked raisins.
Your Hostess and Private Chef
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457