Family Friendly Vacations in Victoria BC
Our Hansel and Gretel Room is perfect for family friendly vacations with a fridge and several sleeping arrangements possible with a small alcove off the main room.
Hansel and Gretel Family Room in our 1905 Victorian Arts and Crafts Heritage Home
Family Friendly Accommodation Victoria BC British Columbia, Canada
Hansel and Gretel Room Family Friendly Vacations
Victoria BC Accommodation
- A well-appointed room with 1 Pillow-top Queen bed and one Single bed.
- Attached alcove available with double bed , sleep up to 5
- Street view, active with cute horse carriages clip clopping by and tourists returning to their cruise ships
- Charming original 1905 hardwood floors and Persian rugs.
- Elegant European Embroidery including some very Unique Items
- Very comfortable double bed and single bed with down-feather comforters, and oversize European pillows
- Down Feather Duvets and Over sized Euro Pillows
Private Ensuite Bathroom
Completely Private Bathroom with Rain shower inside your suite.
- Writing Desk, Table with 4 Chairs and Fridge in Room
- Hair dryer, iron and Ironing board
- Complimentary Tea bar in room
- Beach Towels and Sunscreen in Beach bag
- Housecoats, shampoos, conditioners
Electronics and WiFi
- LCD Color Cable TV with DVD player (Movie rental shop with popcorn 1 minute away)
- Hi-speed internet in B&B Lobby or Broadband wireless N WiFi network
- Use of Common Area Living Room and our Main Front Garden with patio set, umbrella, bench and chairs
- Living Room is at your disposal as well until 10 PM each evening
- Summer rates from May – October CAD $165 per night (approx $125 US) Rate is for One or Two People – One Bed – Two night Minimum
- Two People – Two Beds – $20 One Time Charge
- Each Extra Person in Room CAD 40 (30 USD) night each – max 5
- 5% GST Tax
Here is an old Post Card showing Hansel and Gretel and the Wicked Witch Fairy Tale.
Your Hostess and Private Chef
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457