Smorgasbord Breakfast Ideas at the Gingerbread Cottage
Smörgåsbord [Swedish smœr-gaws-boord]
Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast Victoria BC Canada
We have a Smogasbord Breakfast Ideas at our bed and breakfast every morning!
Smorgasbord is a Swedish term defined as a buffet meal of various hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, salads, casserole dishes, meats, cheeses, etc.
Take a look at our Smorgasbord Breakfast Ideas Video
Our “All You can Eat” Smorgasbord Breakfast Ideas:
- Vanessa’s Own Honey Molasses Granola whith Fresh Milk, and add -ons of coconut, dried apricot, goji berries and raisins
- Cottage Cheese and Greek Joghurt
- Cheese Tray , Cheddar, Edam, Cheese Balls, Brie
- Fresh Sliced Fruit Tray
- Cold Cuts and Marinated Olives
- Fresh Baked Squash Rolls
- Cheddar and Fresh Dill Biscuits
- Whole Wheat with Cracked Spelt and Sunflower Seeds
- Blueberry Breakfast Gateau
- Raspberry Scones
- Austrian Apple Strudel (Vanessa’s Signature Dish)
- Ginger Honey Iced Tea
- Orange Juice
Hot Cooked to Order Entrees
- Several Choices of Omelettes made with Farm Fresh Eggs from Happy Chickens
- Eggs Benedict with choice of Ham, Smoked Salmon, ot Fried Tomato
- Berry Crepes, Belgian Waffles, Sweet Dumplings
- Coffee, Teas and Crystal Water
Our “Breakfast at the Cottage” Cookbook is very Popular and is available online for 7.95 in a printable PDF eBook format
Your Hostess and Private Chef
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art Noveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessas’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Tollfree 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457
Email: [email protected]
Past Member of International Association of Culinary Professionals