Vacation Rentals Victoria BC – Downtown
Why Cook – when you can enjoy Vanessa von Schellwitz’s daily culinary creations while you are on your well deserved Vacation.
Your Victoria BC Vacation Rental at the Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast is located a Downtown Victoria BC , 1/2 block from the Pacific Ocean at Dallas Road Seawall Promenade , the Victoria Breakwater and Ogden Point Cruise Ship Docks
Click the photos to see a slide show of our vacation rentals Victoria BC offerings.
Vanessa is Victoria’s most well-known breakfast chef and she will be overjoyed to showcase her talents to make you a Unforgetteable Breakfast ” in Downtown Victoria BC?
Make your stay in beautiful downtown Victoria BC a pleasant one by staying at our gorgeous Lavender Room with its beautiful large roof garden terrace.
We are steps away from the famous Dallas Road Seawall, Beach and Breakwater and Ogden Point Cruise Ship Docks. And a short stroll from many other of Victoria’s finest attractions
The good part about staying at our B&B is being warmly welcomed when you arrive after a trying day of travel, staying in a friendly, safe, family atmosphere, getting information on good local attractions, events, shopping and restaurants. And, of course, being spoiled by our excellent culinary offerings at breakfast. Having owned a large hotel and several restaurants, we provide a professional experience to all our guests. An excellent value.
Your Hostess and Private Chef
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art Nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457
Email: [email protected]