Victoria BC Things to Do for Free Downtown
Victoria BC things to do for free?
Is it really possible to enjoy a stay in downtown Victoria without shelling out big bucks for all the Tourist Traps?
Fishermans Wharf Float Homes are a must see on any visit to Victoria BC
Yes it is possible! We have been advising our many, many guests at the Gingerbread Cottage B&B about the many attractions in the downtown area for Downtown James Bay Area for over 30 years.
These are all in walking Distance of the Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Here are a few Victoria BC Things to do for Free
- Downtown Government Street Site Seeing Stroll, Shops, Buskers, Pubs
- Chinatown, FanTan Alley, Interesting Asian Groceries & Street Food to experience
- Parliament Buildings, Grounds, Totems, Free Public Tours
- Empress Hotel Gardens and Lobby
- Lower Causeway with many local Artisans, and West Coast Salish Crafts
- Thunderbird Park Totem Poles
- Fisherman’s Wharf Float homes and Fishing Boats Walking Tour
- Walking Tour of James Bay Area, Emily Carr House, many quaint Victorian Heritage Homes
- Dallas Road Promenade (Popular with Locals)
- Victoria Breakwater Walkway to Lighthouse Marker
- Collect Beach Glass ans build Driftwood Castles
- Ogden Point Alaskan Cruise Ship Docks and Heliport, See Cruise ships
- Mile Zero Trans Canada Number 1 Highway, Terry Fox Monument
- Fonyo Beach and Cliff walk
- Beacon Hill Park, Overlook, World’s Tallest Totem Pole, Duck Pond, Turtle Log at Goodacre Lake
- Petting Zoo at Beacon Hill Park ... Get in touch with your inner goat!
- Sittin’ on the dock of the bay, watching the time slip away…
Your Hostess, Chef and Private Concierge at the Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Book your stay in Victoria with us!
Vanessa von Schellwitz
Owner Operator Gingerbread Cottage B&B
- As a child, Vanessa was a real life “Heidi” living in the Eschen Villa on the clean, cold alpine Attersee Lake, in Seewalchen Austria, 50 KM East of Salzburg.
- Vanessa’s birthplace was located 50 meters from her Godmother’s famous Paulick Villa – the Summer Playground to Vienna’s Elite Art nouveau Community including Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Richard Teschner and Friedrich Paulick at the turn of the 19th century.
- In fact, the aunt of Vanessa’s Godmother, Gertrude Floege, was the famous fashion designer Emelia Floege – life companion of Gustav Klimt who frequently painted at the Paulick Villa..
- Also the last Countess Maria dei Medici, who lived adjacent to the Eschen Villa hand wrote a poem for Vanessa as a child… Not many People can say that!
- Vanessa got her teaching Degree in Salzburg but her real love and talents were for cooking..
- Coming to Vancouver Island via Culture City itself – Salzburg Austria – A true Austrian,Vanessa has pure Mozart flowing through her veins and a delicious piping hot Austrian ApfelStrudel in the Oven for her many guests!
- Vanessa and her 70’s husband owned and operated the Austrian Chalet, an 80 room hotel with 3 Restaurants in Campbell River BC
- Vanessa spent many years as Victoria BC’s busiest and most Versatile Culinary Instructor from her Veni. Vidi, Coxi Cooking School, and operating her busy “Vienna Catering” Business
- Author of 8 Cookbooks, Vanessa also wrote a food Column, had her own TV cooking show and did food styling for other local authors.
Vanessa makes all her guests feel like Austrian Royalty in her c. 1905 Victorian “Arts and Crafts Heritage Home” with Cozy Themed rooms and Elegant 3 Course Breakfasts in her “Bavarian Gasthaus” Style Breakfast Room
Please Feel Free to Contact us for booking information.
Call Toll free 1-877-767-2121
iMessage or Text 250-812-5457
Email: [email protected]